me. you. everybody.

.

Friday, March 25, 2022

Boxes

I am very sure that we all have our own things to get, keep or delete from our life. There are too much boxes in my mind’s storage. Boxes of trash, boxes of regrets, boxes of memories, boxes of happy things, boxes of crazy feelings, and boxes of random thoughts.

I remember a friend told me a few years ago. Out of all of the boxes, there will be a box from the past that you have been keeping for so long but it needs to stay somewhere and cannot be touched. This box can pollute me to mixed feelings of the past. Even just an inch of opening can distract so many things already. From the day i heard that, this piece of statement really stick and keeps on lingering around my head. 

One day, I somehow tried to open this one particular “I'm-not-supposed-to-freaking-open” kind of box. Apparently, I saw a dozen of little boxes in different colors being kept inside. Some of them are just empty and some them only have grey dust inside. I wasn’t sure if I ever burn the memories inside before or if I purposely kept some empty boxes too to confuse myself in the future. 

But then i realise, perhaps some things inside were just my mixed confusions and i probably had thrown some of them to another box of crazy feelings and box of regrets. I guess i always open the big box from time to time and sorted them according to my current thoughts and feelings. I just didn’t really realise it. So now, most of the little boxes are empty and it makes me forget things. Not sure if that is a good thing but I’m glad i do not have to remember it anymore.

I guess, it is true that time heals but only because we choose to accept the situation and then we forget them. And because of that, we can finally move on with something else in our life. Something new, something more important, well basically something else. 

I think I’m going to bury that one box deep, this time around.














Now, should I get another new box?